MapleTits Strikes! (again)

4.11.2006

It's hell all right...



indie kids have done too much drugs.

How do I know?

Well, I remember when pitchfork was the end all on what albums were essential. You wanted to know what was good and they'd recommend the Buttkisser Trio or some crap. Well no more.

I took it upon myself to "obtain" albums of bands I've never heard of before to see if they could be the "next big thing". I guess kinda doing one of my life long dreams. I've only recently FINALLY finished listening to all those albums to date, and of course there are tons more that pop up each day, but I decided to put the cap on it and look to pitchfork for their reviews.

Alas, some albums that I have reviewed over the last few months were not on pitchfork's radar. I would like to say that it was for the best that they stay that way. Of the albums that were reviewed, a few of my ratings matched the pitchfork staff, but one album in particular SHOCKED me. The freakin' Liars album nabbed a 9! A 9! This album sounded like the Gregorian Monks got their hands on a Ween CD and a foley sample CD and decided to make an album while falling down the stairs of the temple. This convoluted piece of crap proves to me why bands like Man Man and Gil Mantera's Party Dream are drawing such big crowds. Obviously people like to feel their ears bleed.

Now I do say that I also don't get why Sufjan Stevens is getting God status. He held the top spot for a lot of people's top 10 list of 2005. Why? I don't know. Illinoise wasn't genius. I think it was alright, but come on now.

So, I'll keep on my musical journey and ignore what the kids are raving about. That's fine. More booty house for me suckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home