MapleTits Strikes! (again)

3.27.2006

My LOL for the day

...or my "beware of" for the day.

I logged into my work comp today (which has been giving me numerous amounts of email telling me how to achieve a long lasting erection) and I got this email from Chase bank. I knew right off the bat this thing was fake because I've never had a Chase account my entire life. It looked all official which is how I can see newly computer savvy grandmas get duped into thinking this is real. Here's what it looked like.
I laughed to myself and said let me just see how the hell these people manage to steal identities.

Armed with a fake account number and social, I clicked on the link. Once again, the page I was directed to looked official enough, but the disconnect was instead of security information, I came upon a survey rating Chase's service. "Nothing new" I thought since banks do ask this from time to time. One dead giveaway was the URL. This page was made as a sub folder to a main website that, of course, was forbidden. The funny thing is that I could completely bypass this survey to get to the "important" info.

The next screen tried to convince me this was a "secure" connection. That's great and all, but we're missing the cute little lock icon that appears in the bottom bar of the browser. I had to enter account type, account number, credit/debit card number, three digit "security" number and social security number; not even my name! Another flag went up when my made up credit card number didn't have an issue. I would assume that a Chase website would recognize that the four digits that indicate if it is a chase card were missing.

Then the kicker came when the next screen came up. I was asked for my four digit pin number for my card! Now unless you've been living in a cave in Siberia, everyone knows about identity theft. Who the hell would give this piece of info up? Who the hell would give ANY of this up? I typed in another fake number and was told my "reward" for answering the survey will be credited to my account.

It was funny to me how stupid someone can be if they did fill this out with all their info. I say they freakin' deserve it.

1 Comments:

  • funny...cause i am also addicted to white lines...and doing bad bill cosby impersinations...RUDY!!! YA SEE I NEED TO GO PEEPEE CAUSE IM NO LONGER ON THE T.V. YA KNOW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home