MapleTits Strikes! (again)

5.08.2006

Weeeeeekend photos

It's Monday and my weekend was kinda really crazy that I didn't get to touch my computer. Therefore, I'm a few days late posting pics of the day. No worries. Here's the pics:

Friday: CINCO DE MAYO

Tribeca Film Fest. Went to go see American Cannibal. Great Movie. I hope it gets picked up. I don't get sucked up into reality tv anymore. At first it was novel, but come on. Unanimous is the most recent craptastic idea to be shot. Throw some people in a basement and make them all agree on who gets a mil. WTF? Throw a gun into the mix and see who's the first to kill everyone to get the mil. Anyone can come up with this stuff.

Next stop: Stout. What a better way to celebrate Mexican independence than drinking at an Irish pub? Here's a few photos.

Saturday: Aitken's Happening


Xina and I got in on a press pass since she was "shooting" for a mag. We had to sign release forms just to enter the building. It was a building that was, I guess, condemned and the city made everyone sign these forms just incase the building came down, got asbestos poisoning, ate the lead paint and died....I'm assuming anything and everything so they can't get sued. They had a strict capacity rule, so we had to wait for a little bit until people left se we could enter. Inside it was more people than art, hot bartenders that were supplied by some kind of catering company (like if it were some important exclusive industry event) with an open bar and music. I really liked the space and saw so much potential. Here's some pics.

Then off to Galapagos for the Methods Release party. On the way we pulled a cabbie who complained indecently. He didn't want to go to BK because he couldn't make money, people in this country were lazy, white people are taking over because minorities were too cheap, there should be no reason why if you live in this country for long enough that you don't own property. Then I find out he's been here for 10 years from Morocco. Where the fuck was his building?

Anyway, how random, but I was introduced to the guy from Methods the week before. Didn't realize it until I went there and saw the logo on the back of the Cool 'eh mag. (such a graphic hound I am) Ran into Creature too (who introduced me in the first place). Didn't get to see him perform, but got to see some other "MC" who "rapped" (if that's what you want to call it) about breaking guitars. Who the hell let this guy in?

Rounded out the night with the Element boys at a pub by Times Square. Thanks guys! The Chops and I encountered another cabbie from Africa who said that cabbies HAVE to take us to BK even if they bitch. We just take down their number and call up to complain. Too bad this is probably the most times I've taken a cab in one night, and I won't be taking any in the near future. Why spend $13 to get home when that's 2-4 drinks (depending where you go).

Sunday: West Village



B$@ went on an adventure with me to get new kicks on Saturday, but of course I found nothing. I can't help it. I don't like Nike but I like the insane color ways they have. Frustrated and broken, I ended up searching for a replacement pair of burgundy Convs. Nothing. I guess they just don't make them anymore? Oh well.

I never really walk around the west village. Interesting place. Lack of sneakers, but nice selection of puppies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home