MapleTits Strikes! (again)

5.05.2006

05.04.06 David Blaine


After befriending Tom Cruise (because he had no friends and I felt bad for him) and him trying to save me in a tsunami, to killing a two inch fully detailed red ant all in a dream that morning, I decided to go visit Jesus. David Blaine. In college, wewatched his crazy stunts and decided to dub him as such. We didn't build churches or lit candles in his honor, but face it, if Christ isn't coming back anytime soon, we might as well be entertained by someone else doing crazy tricks.

His new thing about hanging out in a bubble full of water is just plain funny. I wonder if his fingers will become permanently wrinkly. It can't be too good for his skin either. I ventured to no-mans land (at least to me) to see him. I couldn't be there longer than 5 minutes. It was like a vigil for a dying man. There was a crunchy girl band playing right in front of his bubble, while people stood there just looking. Only a few people were snapping photos, but the vibe felt like kumbaya could break out at any moment. Too much like the Jesus thing we joked about back then and it freaked me out.

I left and made the rest of my red line trip to the west village. It's amazing how I never really explored the area. lots of cute little things. picked up a few magnolia goodies for the kids at Alt, then headed to Dirty Bird to go. Great idea of free range chicken and organic sides, but nothing more than a snack size portion if you ask me.

Enough about my culinary woes, here's some more Blaine photos:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home