MapleTits Strikes! (again)

5.22.2006

The glorious Weekend


Friday, 05.19.06
APPLES! The 5th Ave. Apple store opening. What a spectacle! Why wait at the Soho store to check your email and buy nothing, when you can wait two hours in a line around two blocks to do they same? I want to know who won the 24 laptops they gave away. (how long did the fanfare last?)

Saturday, 05.20.06

Turned out to be a nice day indeed. Hung out at the NY Waterway building. There were three blue plastic lounge chairs set up. If it was a little warmer near the water, I could have stayed there all day. The sound of the wind (which was whipping that day) went through these metal pipes creating an angelic sound. I still don't know the purpose of these pipes, but it sure inspired me.

On the way back into the nitty gritty of the city, Chopper and I stumbled across what I dubbed the best street fair yet. Why? because of this:

Now if this doesn't turn you to make out with carrots and broccoli from now on, then you can join my team in wondering how delicious this must taste.

What a perfect start to what ended up becoming a crazy night. Medieval Times was awesome.

The whole lot of us (13 to be exact) went nuts for the blue knight, overpriced drinks, and the plate full of carnivore goodness. Here's some more photos.

Ended the night at Mixx lounge with Moo. nothing like crashing someone's Bday party that neither of us knew. After that, let's just say that I was glad I wasn't the one with the sword....

Sunday, 05.21.06

What schizo took over the weather? One minute is was sunny, the next it was raining. Despite that, I went to the ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair) at the Javits. I only had an hour to walk around by the time I got there, but I wish I had millions of dollars to build my house and fill it with 90% of what I saw. The Swarovski booth had this table filled with crystals. I wish I could have dumped them into my bag and roll around in them later.
I want this chair for my b'day....get ready for July lushes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home