MapleTits Strikes! (again)

10.11.2005

I knew it was time

Here's a story I've been waiting to happen. Now I know that I openly support Scion by attending their "urban" events. I'm a lush, I've come to terms with that, but why should I support my habit by paying for it, when some multi-billion dollar company wants to shove some free shit down my throat for FREE! I'll attend all your hip hop fets, and I WILL take advantage of your free craptastic vodka.

but it's really funny when they kick themselves in the arse. It was funny when I saw a Scion sponsored screening of "Bomb the System" how two main characters discussed how we need to "fight back" against "corporate america" trying to tap into a lifestyle to sell their shit. And it sure is funny when this corporate entity tries to censor the very movement their sponsoring. Obviously the marketing department at Scion didn't know that 90% of hip hop is political whether it's speaking of the government, or speaking of the conditions they live in....well...grew up in. I don't see 50 cent living in the projects. Here's a big FU to corporate america! (but still keep me on the list for the free booze! Thanks.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home