MapleTits Strikes! (again)

9.13.2005

Calling all fashion students!!!

I am so sick of fashion these days. I currently looked through 4 different fashion magazines and realized we are currently living in an era where people are just as clueless about fashion as they are about what a prime minister is.

WTF trends that can't seem to die:

1. Cowboy boots.
I remember when my mom used to travel and Texas was a big stop for her. She used to buy my some of the coolest cowboy boots. I wore them with pride....15 YEARS AGO!!!!! Have you all been sleeping or did you not notice that cowboy boots have become a hipster trend only after their most hated president took a second term? I remember when he first took office, how many people laughed at how he wore those damn boots with his suits. Now we're following his example. What's next? Throwing poor people out of their homes to live in their "underdeveloped" neighborhoods....oh...wait...

2. Ugg boots.
I hope to god this is over. Eskimos can't afford the rising price of their footwear, because some Parsons trust funder decided that the rugged outdoor hunter look is soooo in, and she wants to look like she hunted down a bear and wore his feet home as a souvenir. I'd like to see her survive a day in the tundra with no "Bloomie's" in sight.

3. Gold and Silver Lamay
I remember wincing at pictures of my mom and her friends with gold lamay everything just about a year ago. I didn't realize tack came back with such a vengence!

4. Mandals
Men should NEVER show their feet. They are the nastiest things. keep them inside. No one wants to see your hobbit feet.

Other trends: Gators (and not the Pimp shoe...the gardener's special), tunics, enhanced water (although vitamin water tastes yummy and smart water is awesome after a hangover have you heard of mint water???), overpriced t-shirts, shirts worn as dresses, butt-padding (also white girls who try to act like they have a butt), Punk gone Hip Hop....I could go on.

Give it up people. you lost the irony war because you actually bought into the whole thing, and you're actually enjoying those leggings and super slouchy leg warmers. So, we need someone, ANYONE to come up with something new that doesn't attempt to make the public look like a bigger idiot than they already are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home